· Appearance: Black continuous fiber
· Odor: None
· Specific Gravity: 1.75 - 1.85
· Vapor Pressure: None
· Melting Point: Not applicable
· Solubility in Water: Insoluble
· Stability: Stable.
· Conditions to Avoid: None.
· Incompatibility/Materials to Avoid: Do not expose to strong oxidizing agents such as fluorine. Carbon fiber can react violently with such compounds.
· Hazardous Decomposition or Byproducts: Not expected under normal conditions of processing and use. Thermal decomposition of sizing may begin to occur at high temperatures (> 120 °C) resulting in the release of small amounts of nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, organic compounds, and other potentially hazardous substances.
· Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur.