· Appearance and Odor: Black-colored fiber, resin sizing applied with no distinctive odor
· Melting Point (oF/oC): Carbon fiber: 6512oF/3600oC
· Specific Gravity (Water=1): 1.7-1.8
· Volatile [Percent (%) by Weight]: <1
· Percent (%) VOC: Same as the % Volatile Content
· Solubility in Water: Negligible
· Stability: Stable under proper handling conditions.
· Incompatible Materials: Avoid strong oxidizing agents.
· Products evolved from Heat of Combustion or Decomposition: The products of combustion and decomposition depend on other materials present in the fire and the actual conditions of the fire. Burning will produce carbon and nitrogen oxides and other unidentified gases and vapors that may be toxic. Avoid inhalation.
· Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur under proper conditions of use. Rapid heating of the product in bulk may produce an uncontrolled exothermic reaction that may char and decompose the sizing system, generating unidentified gases and vapors that may be toxic. Avoid inhalation.